Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Center of mass

My chair is firm,
My coffee is cool enough to drink.
For the moment, there is nowhere to go.


In the midst of pending activity,
My spirit is at rest.


What is the shape of the boundless?
Soon the form of the day will shift and unfold.


Part of the story of my life is being on the go.  As I develop and mature, I really value the ability to just sit and be present, without getting wrapped up in what is about to come.  Actually, it makes me think of Star Wars:  The Phantom Menace.  The is a moment when Qui Gon Jin (Liam Neeson) is fighting Darth Maul and an energy door closes between them.  They can see each other, and know it will open soon, but for now must wait.  Darth Maul paces impatiently, scraping his lightsaber on the ground.  Qi Gon kneels and meditates.  I imagine that his moment of mediation was no different in focus, calm and clarity than those experienced in the peace of days gone by.  (I am also saddened that spell-check does not recognize lightsaber as a word).



No comments:

Post a Comment