Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Will I Never


When will I grate all the cheese before the mold sets in?
                                                             before the old gets in?
 
When will I use all the coupons before they expire?
                                                            before their appeal tires?

When will I do all the work before it starts to pile?
                                                   before it raises my bile ?

When will I put all the photos in albums before the kids grow up?
                                                                            before the memories slow up?

The answer is never
because, just as ever,
time will not slacken or sicken
its downhill pace ever quickens
All I can do for the how
is to live in the now.

No comments:

Post a Comment